- One dog: Sophie, who is 11 years old and terribly spoiled
- Two nieces: They are almost like my own daughters. I just took one out for dinner last night.
- Three cups: I enjoyed three cups of coffee this morning. I most enjoy my coffee when I can take it on my back porch.
- Fourth grade: My first teaching job was teaching 4th grade in a little school for five years.
- Five years: My husband and I have been married 5 years in May. For our anniversary, we are traveling to Kiawah Island, South Carolina.
- Six visits: I’ve been to Hawaii six times. It’s my favorite vacation spot.
- Seven books: I have seven books in my “to read” pile. Included are The Light Between the Oceans (currently reading), The Little Paris Bookshop, The Lake House, and The Magnolia Story.
- Eight years: I’ve been an instructional coach for eight years, currently in grades 5-8.
- Nine innings: My husband and I enjoy watching baseball. Last night, we caught the game between Japan and the USA in the World Baseball Classic.
- Ten years: It’s been ten years since I’ve been in the classroom. I have missed it!
- Eleven players: Our daughter plays soccer at our local university. Next year, she will be a senior; her last fall to play soccer. Hard to believe after all the games and tournaments she has participated in throughout her young life.
- A dozen: Monday, I made 3 dozen of my husband’s favorite cookies. Like tiny cakes with icing, they are truly the best cookies I’ve ever eaten.
- I was born on the 13th of November and my grandmother was born on the 13th of July.
Thank you, Teri Cote for your slice idea!